On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 11:36:13AM +0200, Hendrik Leppkes wrote:
> On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 11:31 AM, Mark Thompson <s...@jkqxz.net> wrote:
> >
> > I think that means there should be something gating this test (and any
> > other hardware tests) - how about a configure option
> > --(en|dis)able-hw-tests, with default value the same as autodetect?  (I
> > think that has the right properties?  Or it could just be disabled by
> > default, but that would probably mean it would never get run even in places
> > where it should be.)
> >

> I don't think having that flag in configure makes a lot of sense. It
> should probably just be a separate make target and not be included in
> "make fate". Default fate should test our code, not external libraries
> or drivers.
> If someone wants to set this up on their fate box after making sure it
> actually worked at least during setup, they can easily add it as a
> second target to the make invocation - ie. "make fate fate-hw" or
> something like that (and the fate.sh script probably most of us use
> for that could be extended to take that as an option), and both get
> accumulated in one result.

sounds good.
I would be fine with a configure option too as an alternative but i think
its better if changing it doesnt require redoing configure and the whole
build

thx

In fact, the RIAA has been known to suggest that students drop out
of college or go to community college in order to be able to afford
settlements. -- The RIAA