On Fri, 21 Sep 2018, Jeyapal, Karthick wrote:

On 9/21/18 3:35 AM, Marton Balint wrote:
Also bump the API version requirement to 10.9.5, because on olders versions
there were some reports of crashes using the undocumented, yet available
BMDDeckLinkDeviceHandle.

If we are using an undocumented API feature, then there is a higher risk of this feature not working in some future versions of DeckLink drivers as well. I would suggest using this undocumented API call under an 'if' condition, which is controlled by a command line option for selecting based on unique ID. In that way setups which prefers stability can choose to not use this feature.

It got documented in 10.10, so this is no longer an issue. I tested it with 10.9.10 as there were (non-related) regressions in 10.10, and it worked fine there, so I figured it should be OK to require only 10.9. If you still think using a non-documented feature is shady, I can bump the requirement to 10.10.

Regards,
Marton