On 11/29/18 2:17 PM, Andrey Semashev wrote:
On 11/29/18 2:15 PM, Andrey Semashev wrote:
On 11/28/18 7:47 PM, Jeyapal, Karthick wrote:

On 11/28/18 4:46 PM, Andrey Semashev wrote:
The URI used to open the output streams may be an actual URI with "file" scheme, according to https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8089. This commit makes file deletion routine recognize file URIs and extract the actual filesystem path
from it.
There is already some code in ffmpeg to handle this. It is present in file_delete() function in file.c. We will need to avoid code duplication for the same functionality. One option could be to call avpriv_io_delete() function instead of calling unlink, so that file_delete function gets called. Calling avpriv_io_delete will also make the delete functionality easily extendable for other output protocols.

That would be fine with me, but I'm using Linux. Looking at file_delete (in libavformat/file.c), it looks like it will only work on POSIX systems but not on Windows, since it doesn't have unistd.h. Am I correct? And if so, is avpriv_io_delete still the preferred approach?

Also, that code doesn't seem to support the URI with an authority field and doesn't check the special "localhost" case.

I've sent a new set of patches that updates both file.c and dashenc.c.