On 12/21/18 2:48 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 11:00:32AM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
Andrey Semashev (2018-12-10):
This commit adds a new set of functions to avio and url subsystems, which
allow users to invoke IO buffer synchronization with the underlying media.
The most obvious target for this extension if the filesystem streams. Invoking
IO synchronization allows user applications to ensure that all written content
has reached the filesystem on the media and can be observed by other processes.

The public API for this is avio_sync() function, which can be called on
AVIOContext. The internal, lower layer API is ffurl_sync(), which works
directly on the underlying URLContext. URLContext backends can add support for
this new API by setting the sync handler to the new url_sync member of
URLProtocol. When no handler is set then the sync operation is a no-op,
the result code is AVERROR(ENOSYS).
---
  libavformat/avio.c    |  7 +++++++
  libavformat/avio.h    | 20 ++++++++++++++++++++
  libavformat/aviobuf.c | 17 +++++++++++++++++
  libavformat/url.h     | 12 ++++++++++++
  4 files changed, 56 insertions(+)

I have no more objections to the patch as it is, thanks. But I have no
opinion in favor of it either; it is useful in principle, but I do not
know if it is worth the extra maintenance for a use case like this
project. I will leave the judgement to others.

IMHO, it looks useful and extra maintaince needed seems not major

So, will this patchset be merged then?