On 3/10/19 9:39 PM, Nicolas George wrote:
Andrey Semashev (12019-03-10):
            But I think decisions like this should be based exclusively on
technical grounds. Political or populist arguments are not valid for
technical decisions, regardless how "good" or aligned with your personal
views they might seem.

Do you realize that this statement is itself a political one?

Yes. It doesn't make it less true, IMO.

Note that I'm not arguing for or against the removal. I don't really care. I'm pointing out that there seem to be no technical reason for the removal, but instead there is a political one. And apparently, there are users of the code out there, who will be affected.