Hello,

>Similarly if we support demuxing "auxilary / secondary or what they are called
>images" and muxing then we should be able to connect these and not just be
>able to extract one image.
>Thats the ideal. The question how to implement this, or if this is the way to
>go or if this is too complex to do is up to the mentor for a GSoC project.
>It could be done by spliting into streams at the demuxer level, by using side
>data or decoding the images in sequence in the decoder or other ways. Each of
>these seem to have disadvanatges ...

Ok, but what does this have to do with my patch though? Isn't
something like this possible with TIFF images too? As far as I know,
that's not supported at the moment either, I only know of -subimage
which I don't think does exactly what you mean.

Not to mention, this patch is for preliminary support, I don't suppose
you require a massive patchset that implements everything altogether?
Besides, GSoC requirements state that I need to get a minor patch in,
before I can even apply. This is what this patch is for.

>Here is one file that works just fine with current ffmpeg:
>https://0x0.st/z8pf.dng

Not sure why this was mentioned? It works with my patch too.
I thought we came to an agreement, that by default it should show a
message, instructing the user to show that they can decode the
thumbnail with -subimage.
This is what my patch does.

Nick R.

Στις Τρί, 19 Μαρ 2019 στις 12:58 μ.μ., ο/η Paul B Mahol
<one...@gmail.com> έγραψε: