On 05.05.2019, at 18:04, Paul B Mahol <one...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/5/19, Reimar Döffinger <reimar.doeffin...@gmx.de> wrote:
>> On 04.05.2019, at 15:40, Paul B Mahol <one...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I open voting for 7 days, for inclusion of colorhold filter in FFmpeg,
>>> with minor changes.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> Why is there a need to vote?
>
> Because Nicolas objected on initial implementation. Dunno if he still
> object something
> on current updated patch.
>
>> What would be the objections existing or expected that would make a vote
>> necessary vs. the normal development process? I so far assumed voting was
>> purely a last-resort conflict resolution process.
>> Is there a quorum required, or would a vote be accepted even if there was
>> only one vote cast?
>
> This is to move forward and not be held back with blocking "arguments".

Not that I am entirely unsympathetic to some of the arguments (quite a few of
my patches never made it in due to objections I did not agree with),
but it seems to me that in the end this is about the year-long feud between you
and Nicolas.
Voting won't resolve that, and I can't imagine that many people look forward to
voting on a significant number of your patches (also because a proper vote
really
would require them to review, and lack of reviewers seems to be part of the
issue?).
Unfortunately unless there is someone you both respect enough to follow their
decision even if you do not like it and who volunteers to arbitrate between you
(small, direct and non-public votes so to say), I am rather short on actual
solutions to suggest.
I expect that the fact alone that you both care enough about FFmpeg to still be
around (in contrast to me) doesn't suddenly somehow provide enough common
ground for you to find a way to work together constructively?

Best regards,
Reimar