On 11-07-2019 12:52 AM, greg Luce wrote:
This makes very little sense, please try hard to avoid similar commits in the
future.
What makes very little sense?

Gyan
Carl, if you mean the language is confusing I'm happy to write stuff
differently! I'm very new to ffmpeg-devel in general.

If you mean you can't picture someone actually using the feature this
patch adds, I actually agree with you. I misunderstood what the patch
would change, and am testing a further modification to add these
variables to text expansion where they'd probably be more useful (and
where I'd actually have a use for them)
I've attached the patch, though I haven't tested building with it yet
What output were you expecting with the first patch and what command did you test to check?

Gyan