On 20.03.2020 12:30, Yaroslav Pogrebnyak wrote:
On 20.03.20 00:47, Timo Rothenpieler wrote:

I'm looking into adding hardware-frame support to make_writable, so modifications might not be needed.

Yep it seems to be more consistent if av_frame_make_writable could support hardware frames.

Please let me know if you are going to do it, or if I need to send modified patch. Thanks!

It is not as simple as I anticipated to do it in a generic way.
The main issue at hand is how nvdec returns hardware frames, which I need to fix first to get rid of a lot of hackery that stems from it.

But I do intend to go along with it.