Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
Andy Furniss <adf.lists <at> gmail.com> writes:

ffmpeg -c:a libfdk_aac -i Bt5th.latm -f null -

[libfdk_aac  <at>  0x1d86b80] aacDecoder_DecodeFrame() failed:
4002

Sorry, I mixed something up: The fdk encoder supports latm encoding
(which doesn't work with any other of the four aac encoders) while
the fdk decoder cannot support latm: There should be parser / demuxer
that changes latm into aac but when latm decoding was implemented in
FFmpeg, it was decided to do it in the native aac decoder which is
not was libfdk does / expects.

Sorry, Carl Eugen

Ahh, Ok - thanks for the info.

Would be a handy feature.

FWIW wanting to use fdk is related to the etsi doc I posted in the other
thread.

I was going to try and add some debugging to see what, is any, ancillary
was broadcast in the UK (like heavy compression and mixdown). I know
from adding debugging to ffmpeg aacdec that drc is broadcast, but
couldn't find mix down meta.