Andy Furniss wrote:
Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
Andy Furniss <adf.lists <at> gmail.com> writes:

After reminding my self recently just how bad ffmpeg yuv -> rgb
can look with interlaced

Command line, complete, uncut console output and a sample missing.

It's too soon really I am still thinking about it but until I get
more time here's commands from bash history the source file and a
screen of what I get. On left is interlace aware on right is same
converted as progressive. Zoomed is stationary ball - the moving ball
shoes that the interlaced scale did it's thing OK = no chroma spill
between fields unlike the progressive versions on the right.

png best viewed unscaled = download.

(without using extra flags).

Why is this an issue?

Maybe should be default but needs more investigation.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxP5-S1t9VEEUUR0QnVYRU8yczQ/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxP5-S1t9VEEVkQ2dkhJVGVwVzg/view?usp=sharing

ffmpeg -i ~/snooker-short.ts -ss 11.2 -sws_flags
+accurate_rnd+full_chroma_int -vf scale=interl=1 -vframes 1
snk-i-flags.png

ffmpeg -i ~/snooker-short.ts -ss 11.2 -vf scale=interl=1 -vframes 1
snk-i.png

One thing that is curious if I convert to 422 interlace aware no flags
then to rgb it looks better that going straight to rgb. flags will still
make it better on the second conversion.