On Mon, 7 Mar 2016, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

Hans Carlson <forbyta <at> inbox.com> writes:

Buffer queue overflow, dropping.

You can use the fifo filter to avoid these, it will
increase memory usage.

Probably I'm doing something wrong, but adding the fifo filter didn't help. I'm not exactly sure how/where I should be using it.

I changed my original command to use this filter_complex:

  -filter_complex 'fifo; [0:v][0:3]overlay'

I still see the buffer overflow warnings. But the problem isn't just that I see these warnings, the problem is the resulting video doesn't play correctly. At a couple points, the video stalls and the audio continues for several seconds, then the video skips ahead.