Peter Rabbitson wrote:
On 05/09/2016 04:34 PM, Andy Furniss wrote:

Don't test with color src - use something real and you  may see
different.

Nod.

For completeness below is *literally* what my pipeline looks like,
except of course it isn't "all green". The command as-is produces
satisfactory results for both the HD and the SD part.

OK, but maybe 601 for sd would be more compatible if players ignore
the 709 meta in the file.

FWIW I tested with an rgb24 png 00AA00 as input like below and
didn't see the any change when playing with mpv - result was
00AA00 whereas before testing with color I got 00AB02 so I guess
there was a double conversion going on there.

perl -e '
   die "Need dimensions" if grep { $_ !~ /^\d+$/ } @ARGV[0,1];

   my $ppm_frame =
     "P6\n$ARGV[0] $ARGV[1]\n255\n"
   . pack('C3', 0, 0xAA, 0 ) x ($ARGV[0] * $ARGV[1])
   ;

   print $ppm_frame while 1;
' \
1280 \
720 \
| ffmpeg  -y -hide_banner \
           -r 30 -probesize 32M -f image2pipe -c:v ppm -i /dev/stdin \
           -filter_complex '
   [0]
     scale=out_color_matrix=bt709:out_range=tv,
     split [sd];

   [sd]
     scale=320x240
   ' \
           -c:v libx264 -colorspace bt709 -pix_fmt yuv444p -profile:v
high444 \
           -qp 0 -preset:v ultrafast \
           -t 5 greenz.mkv