Im reporting this as a decoding issue due to the fact that 2 different machines
using 2 different encoding backends fail the EXACT same way, and when they fail
the encoded picture looks EXACTLY the same on both outputs.

I will start a TS Recording and then try and chop this up to get a small TS
with the failure but as the stream is HD at source will be a big recording.
The command lines for the 2 encodings are different as one use x265 and the
other a bought in hardware encoder.
Joolz

    On Tuesday, 2 August 2016, 14:05, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

 Hi!

> I have 2 machines running ffmpeg, one is doing normal transcoding the 2nd is
> using a bought in h265 hardware encoder.
> Software HEVC encoding is based onffmpeg N-78956-g920f592x265
> 1.9_54-291beccb6760
> Hardware HEVC encoding is based onffmpeg 3.0.2

If the issue you see is not reproducible with current FFmpeg, there is
nothing that we can fix.

> Now I am sure that x265 and the hardware encoding are not to blame and
> believe that the software decoding is at fault as BOTH versions fail at the
> same time and show the exact same video output once they have failed.

Sorry, I am not a native speaker and I find this difficult to understand:
Are you reporting a decoding issue? How is it related to the encoding
properties you describe above?

> My problem is that this happens once every 2-5 days so my question is how do
> i capture what will be needed to give you guys a good stream to try and fix
> this problem.

How does the command look that you are currently using to decoder? If
you provide it, it should be easy to know how to capture.

Carl Eugen