Sorry for another question, but I'm having a hard time figuring out why this doesn't work. I've written a program to output raw image data (32-bit rgba), frame after frame. I'm trying a test to encode it to mp4, but this command says:

./shm | ffmpeg -f image2 -r 30 -s 1274x541 -pix_fmt rgb32 -vcodec rawvideo -i -
out.mp4

Could find no file with path 'pipe:' and index in the range 0-4
pipe:: No such file or directory

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Josh

On Fri, 2 Sep 2016, Joshua Grauman wrote:

I've been looking for a way to screencast an app with alpha, but I haven't found one yet (but if someone knows of one, I'd love it). So I'm working on modifying my app to generate png's at 30 frames per second.

Josh

>  I have another different, but related question. What format would you
>  suggest for storing my screencast in? The resulting video is going to be
>  1080p30 and it needs to have an alpha channel

 Which screencast technology allows to record an alpha channel?
 mpng should be best for screencasts, some people like utvideo.

 Carl Eugen