On 2019-03-15 03:48, Hashim Aziz wrote:
> What kind of response is that? I'm obviously trying to install libaom, that's
> why I'm here in what is apparently the only official FFmpeg avenue and asking
> for help with it. Did you actually read my questions?

What kind of response do you expect from an *ffmpeg* list?  pkg-config
does not find the library *if you actually installed it*.

Cygwin does not have a package manager.  Cygwin does not have a libaom
package.  This means you must build from source.  This means you must
build with the mingw "cross compiler" if you don't want a dependency on
cygwin1.dll.  This means you must install into where pkg-config expects
to find packages otherwise you can use PKG_CONFIG_PATH to change it.

I don't build mingw executables so I don't even know if a cygwin lib
will link correctly with mingw ones in a mingw exe.  Pick one flavour.

Furthermore you appeared to ignore the fact that configure failed and
ran make anyway so I assume you can't read error messages that are printed.

Finally: do not top post.