I was wondering the same things a few days ago and a simple solution seems to be the concat filter.

https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#concat

A simple example that works fine for me for inputs of the same size and no audio is:

ffmpeg \
   -ss 00:00 -t 4 -i input1.mp4 \
   -ss 00:06 -t 5 -i input2.mp4 \
   -ss 01:00 -t 3 -i input3.mp4 \
   -filter_complex 'concat=n=3:v=1:a=0' \
   -an output.mp4

Each of the -ss and -t specifies the start and the duration of the next input. You can remove them if you want the full videos but short durations are very convenient while experimenting.

The value n=3 passed to the concat filter should match the number of inputs.Be careful, ffmpeg will complain if n is too large but it will silently ignore some videos if n is too small.

That method requires that the videos are re-encoded so you may want to add a few options to control the encoding quality.