Hi Rik,
It might be worth putting this online as a separate website (kinda like an
additional wiki), which would make it easier to update and folks would
always have the latest version/info.

Just save the link to my document, and when you need the latest version just download it again.

There is already a Wiki for FFmpeg:
https://en.wikibooks.org/w/index.php?title=FFMPEG_An_Intermediate_Guide
Feel free to add things to it, and you can also add things from my document. It's public domain.

PS. I couldn't find the chapter on adding suggestions,

Suggestions for improvement is chapter 2.59 in my document. But the chapter numbers will change in future, when I add new chapters in between.

Michael