On 04/05/2020 06:01 AM, Moritz Barsnick wrote:
Mark,

On Sun, Apr 05, 2020 at 04:53:26 -0400, Mark Filipak wrote:
Correction... (This is not my day -- going stir crazy).

You have disputed it before, but here it goes again. You keep opening
new threads with the same or almost same topic by writing new emails.
This will make people miss responses, if one response goes to the one
thread while one is going to the other. (You have some five "telecine
5555" threads running - REALLY hard to follow.)

They are related, of course, but they're differing topics. But trust me, I'll tie them all together at the end and provide some nice documentation. This is an evolving saga.

Please, if you make a correction (that can happen, admitted), *reply*
to you previous email instead of opening a new thread.

No. No. I separated them intentionally. Each thread is a worthy and separate topic. If they were all in the same thread, I think they'd be even more confusing, bouncing back and forth and having vital parts removed to thin the text. Have faith, friend. If you can help with one thread, then you're helping with all. Think of them as sub-topics, separate chapters, step-wise learning experiences.

This would really help us to assist you. I myself keep getting lost in
your threads, and lose interest.

ffmpeg -i IN -filter_complex
"split[A][B],[A]drop((n+1)%10==3|(n+1)%10==8)[C],[B]drop(!((n+1)%10==3&!(n+1)%10==8)[D],[D]minterpolate(mi_mode=mci(mc_mode=obmc),scd=none)[E],[C][E]merge"

a) A comma ',' always chains two filters to each other. You have
"break" points after "[A][B]", and so on. These are separate filter
chains with dedicated "[]" inputs and outputs, so need to be separated
with semicolons ';'.

How separated by semicolons? What separated by semicolons?

Do you mean "[A];[B] bla-bla-bla [C]"? Or "[A][B] bla-bla-bla [C];"? Or
something else?

b) The mathematical expressions you are passing are understood by some
filters, but with a different syntax. For one, you have to tell the
filter for which of its options these expressions are valid,

I don't have a clue to what you refer. "For one"?

for the
other, you have to use ffmpeg expression syntax,

"the other"?

and for the third, you
unfortunately may have to quote some characters.

? "the third"?

c) For dropping frames, I suggest the "select" filter, obviously with
an inverse expression.

What is "an inverse expression"? Do you mean ! (bang) is supported? How? Sorry, but you are being too vague for a slug like me. I'm just a simple chip designer.

d) I see where you are going, and may try to help you construct a
command line. But see how far you can get first.

You know, I appreciate that, and I know that struggle is considered by some to be instructive, but it's been proved that it's not the best way to learn. It's been proved that success is the best teacher. After all the abuse that some have heaped on me, I really need a success. I'll have more learning to do, and more opportunities for struggle. I'm not going anywhere.

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/FilteringGuide
https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-utils.html#Expression-Evaluation
(Sorry, no examples in the latter. There should be a lot on the list
and on StackOverflow.)

Okay, okay. I've read all this stuff, but I'll read it all again.

Cheers,
Moritz

And Ciao, Moritz,
Mark.