On 04/17/2020 06:51 PM, Moritz Barsnick wrote:
On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 18:13:22 -0400, Mark Filipak wrote:
[matroska @ 0000028fabd7b040] No wav codec tag found for codec pcm_bluray

Does this means I did something wrong (would be the first time in ...about the
last 2 minutes), or
MKV doesn't support LPCM, or sumtinelse?

Yes.

Hahahaha... "Do you want to keep the deluxe vacation you've won, or do you want what's in the box that Anita's holding?" "Yes!"

Google, first match on "pcm_bluray mkv":

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174718

   pcm_bluray should only ever be put in Blu-ray-style m2ts files,
   Matroska has no format mapping for it anyway. Use normal PCM (ie.
   pcm_s16le or pcm_s24le depending on bitdepth)...

I know that PCM was never used for DVDs, so I can't use DVDs as a guide. I'd prefer to use the most 'universal' flavor of PCM coder. Do you have any recommendation, or is pcm_s24le it?

Or is little-endian versus big-endian a non-issue?

Note that the LPCM source is 24 bit.

Thanks,
Mark.