On Wed Jun 17 15:28:43 EEST 2020 Moritz Barsnick wrote:

Hi Bill,

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 12:28:39 +1000, Bill Crockett wrote:
Before you told me this, I did try the words "high" or "main", but I put in
quotes either single or double and got errors.

It would be extremely helpful if you showed us the *actual* command
line used, and the (complete, uncut) console output, which is helpful
to debug any kind of issues. We can usually point out your issue from
this info. "Got errors" is very terse.

Cheers,
Moritz

Hi Moritz,

Sorry it sounded terse. There was no need for me to add the command line or console output. I took the documentation here literally:

https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-all.html#Options-33

profile integer

   Select the mpeg2 profile to encode:

   ‘422’
   ‘main’
   ‘ss’

       Spatially Scalable
   ‘snr’

       SNR Scalable
   ‘high’
   ‘simple’

The Profile options have quotes around them. Probably to high-light them in the document. As Limin stated, you don't put in quotes. It was also confusing because it asks for an integer, but should be string.

Thanks,
Bill