> On 29 Jun 2020, at 15:44, Jim <ruler2...@charter.net> wrote:
>
>  (While this doesn't equalize the volume or eliminate all volume-related
> inconsistencies, it does make the loudest part of each video the same and is
> the best solution I've found;

I think you would like the loudnorm filter that incorporates ebur-128
adjustments.
It can run as two pass or one pass (useful for live streaming) and adjusts the
audio levels to maintain the specified levels.
An example would be -af loudnorm=I=-23:TP=-1.0:LRA=11
This sets the average loudness at -23LUFS (this is pretty standard for UK TV)
the True Peak value as -1.0dBfs and the loudness range shows the distribution
of loudness throughout the programme.

LUFS is great because it is based on perceptual loudness and not just sample
values.

Have fun
Adam