Am 20.08.2020 um 10:47 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
On 8/20/20, Michael Koch <astroelectro...@t-online.de> wrote:
Am 20.08.2020 um 10:29 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
On 8/20/20, Michael Koch <astroelectro...@t-online.de> wrote:
Am 20.08.2020 um 09:57 schrieb Masala Kentaro:
hello!

I have problems using FFmpeg, while trying to convert DNG-sequence
into mp4/mov/avi video file.
I think ffmpeg doesn't have a DNG decoder. Or it is completely
undocumented.
Searching for "DNG" in ffmpeg-all.html finds nothing.
ffmpeg have DNG decoder.

If you are unsure about something, better keep silence, instead of
spreading incorrect information.
Why is such a useful feature not documented?
Because DNG is not separate decoder but part of TIFF one.

You could search trac tickets or commit logs, DNG was implemented as
part of GSoC.

Users expect to find a list of supported image formats in the documentation. They don't want to search the tickets or commit logs. TIFF is also undocumented. Search for "TIFF" in ffmpeg-all.html --> nothing found. This documentation is driving me crazy. Suggestion: One day per week, forbid all patches and allow only improvements of the documentation.

Michael