On 12/30/2020 12:46 PM, Paul B Mahol wrote:
On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 6:44 PM Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) <markfili...@bog.us>
wrote:

On 12/30/2020 03:35 AM, Paul B Mahol wrote:
On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 6:08 AM Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) <
markfili...@bog.us>
wrote:

Decimate will drop a repeated frame in each sequence of 5 (=default)
frames. I assume the dropped
frame can be any 1 of the 5. Is there a way to discover which of the 5
frames it dropped?

-v debug

May I make a feature request? Could it be added as ... is it called side
data?

I haven't used side data yet so I'm not quite sure what it is and how it's
used.

The frame # would need to be readable by follow-on logic inside
expressions.

This is for processing videos that have previously been telecined, a frame
dropped, and a frame
repeated, in various sequences. The sequence of the video destruction is
not important. What's
important is the phase of the decimation within the modulo-5 in the video
that remains. In 4 of the
5 cases (phases), it's actually possible to almost completely recover the
original video (prior to
the wrecking). 4 out of 5 cases involve the loss of just 1 field in 10.
The 5th case involves the
total loss of a whole frame and is not recoverable (but since that case
would have an amazing amount
of judder, it's unlikely to be found in the wild). However, I have found
other cases of this video
species in the wild.

Sorry, but you make nonsense entries, very often and as expected.

I have the evidence. I have made short captures of the f'ked up videos and how
to fix them.
Before decimation, there's 5 cases (one of which is unrecoverable). After decimation, the 4 remaining cases can't be differentiated. If I knew which frame# decimation had removed, then I could differentiate between them and apply the best recovery of each of the 4 video species.