On 2021-01-25 16:30, Paul B Mahol wrote:

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 1:18 AM Phil Rhodes via ffmpeg-user <
ffmpeg-user@ffmpeg.org> wrote:
… When you have people who
are determined to treat others with contempt and hostility as a matter of
course, who reject even the most well-meaning offers of help with the most
pressing issues, who almost seem to make a science out of deliberate,
studied unpleasantness, something strange is going on.
More than annoying, it's weird. I've never once in my life encountered
anything like this. It's completely unnecessary, completely
self-destructive, and appears to gain nothing for anyone.
Yes, we need to use only corporate code.

Come on, Paul, that is a silly reply. You are saying that the only alternative to FFmpeg's present situation is to use corporate code (proprietary licences)? That claim is not logical: there is no reason why use of a free software licence requires project insiders to be hostile and destructive to each other, or to their users. And it is disproved by evidence: there are many free software projects where the insiders behave more kindly and constructively, my favourite example being Python.

Taken on its face, your reply seems to show a belief that no better culture is even possible for the FFmpeg project. That attitude is itself "completely unnecessary, completely self-destructive, and appears to gain nothing for anyone."