Am 26.01.21 um 19:22 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 7:13 PM Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
wrote:

Am 26.01.21 um 19:09 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 7:04 PM Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
wrote:

Am 26.01.21 um 18:59 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 6:50 PM Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
wrote:

Am 26.01.21 um 18:09 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
Am Di., 26. Jan. 2021 um 10:33 Uhr schrieb Armin Hasitzka <
ar...@grabyo.com>:

Given that FFmpeg has been released on an almost
monthly basis before that

Nearly one year passed between 4.2 and 4.3.

you heard about point releases?

We recommend that all users download current
FFmpeg git head as we lack the manpower to
support other versions

which manpower does it take to publish point releases like everyone
but
you does?

nobody right in his brain daily builds software from git and no,
current
git is not always the stuff with less errors than anything else, you
can't asure that

This is invalid

it is *not* invalid

nobody on this planet can assure that a random git-snapshot is error
free and everyone who pretends that is either stupid or lying

It for sure have less bugs and more features than any other release

stop takling bullshit!

you can't assure mistakes and regressions don't happen in random commits

No, we have FATE. Everything is cached

you have nothing to ensure mistakes and regressions don't happen and no you ffmpeg delevopers are no gods proving the whole software industry wrong

Watch your tone

stop talking bullshit