On 2022-04-13 06:04, Nicolas George wrote:
markfilipak.nore...@gmail.com (12022-04-11):
Hello,

I trust this question will be trivial, but I've not found the answer -- I've
searched (and have tried to look at source) for a long time. I'm trying to
document from a global viewpoint and determine at what point decoding ends.

Do decoders output reconstituted samples (e.g. 720x576) or renderings (e.g.
768x576 or 1024x576)?

Is this for your book?

I'm not writing a book.

Are book not supposed to be written by people who
know or who know how to find out? How can anybody trust anything you
write if you are not capable of testing this very simple question by
yourself?

How would I know? I don't know what ffmpeg does internally.

(These are rhetorical questions.)