Hi, I normallyuse Ffmpeg to cut and join AAC audio files with concat and SS copy commands. These commands work with general mp4 file container and .mp4 file extension only. Most of the mp4 files contain also a videotrack, but many apps produce audio only AAC files with .m4a extension for general audio, .m4b extension for audiobooks and .m4r extension for ringtones instead of the general .mp4 extension. In order to work with these files, I am am forced to rename the file extension everytime. I woulb be confortable if FFmpeg was able to deal with these alternative extesions for mpeg-4 audio files.

Thank you for your interest

Yours faithfully

Enrico Palmeri