Am 17.05.24 um 19:20 schrieb Andrew Randrianasulu:
maybe - but it's nonsense to start a topic with an older version - the
first thing you have to do in case of compiler errors is to try the
latest version

why?

because it maybe already fixed and you waste everyobdys time playing
yround and asking questions about outdated software

But regressions exists, so I usually try with versions I have at hand, if
it fails - with newer and sometimes older versions too ...

you have https://ffmpeg.org/releases/ and GIT when it comes ot build from source *always* at hand - period if you want to report something useful than note which versions you tried - but the first try to solve a problem is *always* try the latest version

on this mailing list you usually only have to report latest GIT which i find idiotic at my own - but in find the same for e release tarball from the last year