Hi,

Possibly off-topic, but maybe not. My time-lapse camera rig takes interior
photos of my bee hive every 10 minutes. I installed a new queen 10 days ago,
and she was released from her tiny cage about 5 days ago. See the little wooden
box at the bottom of the photo, here:

https://www.kan.org/pictures/2024-05-21-11-00-11.jpg

Now that she is out and running around, she might be visible in one of the
subsequent photos, but she’s very difficult to find, by eye, by scanning though
hundreds or thousands of images.

In 2021, with a vastly inferior setup, I did get lucky and find her once:

https://www.kan.org/pictures/CombBuilderTimeLapse2021_Queen1.jpg

Is there any function in ffmpeg that could detect a frame of video that has a
region of at least M x N pixels that is at least XX% “green,” for various
values of green?

Or am I trying to use a hammer as a Philip’s-head screwdriver?

Thanks!