On 7/3/2024 9:11 AM, Izhar Marinov wrote:
Has anyone had any experience with SDI output to Dektec device?

It seems to be working initially but the output delay to the SDI grows
by a few seconds per minute, eventually the circular buffer fills up.

I had a similar problem with BMD Decklink cards (on windoze), but haven't tried it in the last couple of years and didn't spent much time looking for the cause; the output was fine using other software.

Just guessing here- if frames are being decoded at non-drop-frame rate but they're being pulled out of the buffer at the drop-frame rate, you'd have some apparent delay and eventually run out of space. That wouldn't necessarily account for multiple seconds delay per minute, only a frame or so per minute. (Or decoding at 30fps and outputing at 25.)

Perhaps forcing the decode and output rates might help. I don't know about the Dektec boards, but the BMDs are a bit sensitive to the rate settings.

z!