Thanks, Ron, for getting that started! I was wondering if I hadn't done
something correctly when I *thought* I joined the list! So -- I've been
enjoying the posts and should perhaps give a brief intro before I ask a
question!

I raise mini cheviot sheep as well as cashmere goats, angora (goat) and
angora (rabbit). I also have a ridiculous menagerie that includes eleven
horses, chickens, ducks, dogs, cats, and rabbits. I've worked in a variety
of artistic mediums, and have always loved textiles of any kind. I'm a
new-ish handspinner anxious to devote more time to fiber arts. I started
spinning romney, and I do believe it's a good fiber to start with. What I'm
wondering is this : Since I have these little cheviots, I'd really
appreciate some feedback about cheviot wool from those who have worked with
it. Don't hold back, please! Tell me the good, the bad, the ugly. I need to
gather some good info from experienced handspinners and fiber artists to
help guide me as I begin to select specifically for fiber in my flock.

Thanks! I'm so pleased to have access to a good resource as I learn more
about handspinning and related fiber arts! Best, Margot

Margot Grim
Grim's Faerytale Farm
Woodinville, WA

>From: Ron Parker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: fibernet@imagicomm.com
>Subject: Hello
>Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:03:01 +0100
>
>Hi FiberNetters,
>
>Anybody out there? FiberNet was so busy for a while.
>
>Ron in Sweden where it is finally Winter

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail