Daily Bread -- Winning the Big One

November 21, 2015
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=13&ms=MjQwMzc0NDIS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NjgxOTA4MTQzS0&mt=1&rt=0>

Read: Philippians 3:7-14
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=5&ms=MjQwMzc0NDIS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NjgxOTA4MTQzS0&mt=1&rt=0>
Bible in a Year: Ezekiel 16-17; James 3
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=8&ms=MjQwMzc0NDIS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NjgxOTA4MTQzS0&mt=1&rt=0>
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=2&ms=MjQwMzc0NDIS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NjgxOTA4MTQzS0&mt=1&rt=0>

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me
heavenward in Christ Jesus. —Philippians 3:14
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=4&ms=MjQwMzc0NDIS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NjgxOTA4MTQzS0&mt=1&rt=0>

In every field of endeavor, one award is considered the epitome of
recognition and success. An Olympic gold medal, a Grammy, an Academy Award,
or a Nobel Prize are among “the big ones.” But there is a greater prize
that anyone can obtain.

The apostle Paul was familiar with first-century athletic games in which
competitors gave their full effort to win the prize. With that in mind, he
wrote to a group of followers of Christ in Philippi: “Whatever were gains
to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ” (Phil. 3:7). Why? Because
his heart had embraced a new goal: “I want to know Christ—yes, to know the
power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings” (v. 10). And
so, Paul said, “I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took
hold of me” (v. 12). His trophy for completing the race would be the “crown
of righteousness” (2 Tim. 4:8).

Each of us can aim for that same prize, knowing that we honor the Lord in
pursuing it. Every day, in our ordinary duties, we are moving toward “the
big one”—“the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is
calling us” (Phil. 3:14 nlt). —David McCasland

*Dear Lord, when I get discouraged, help me to keep pressing on, looking
ahead to when I will be with You forever.*

What is done for Christ in this life will be rewarded in the life to come.

*INSIGHT:* Paul’s letter to the church at Philippi is one of warmth and
affection, perhaps rooted in his founding of this congregation—the first
church planted in Europe. While presenting the theme of joy, the letter to
the Philippians also focuses on Paul’s care for them (1:3-4), the matchless
person of Christ (2:5-11), and the need for unity (4:2-3). Today’s Bible
reading (3:7-14) draws our attention to the “surpassing worth of knowing
Christ Jesus my Lord” (v. 8) and the impact that knowledge should have on
our living.  Bill Crowder

Share your thoughts on today’s devotional on Facebook
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=16&ms=MjQwMzc0NDIS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NjgxOTA4MTQzS0&mt=1&rt=0>
or odb.org
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=13&ms=MjQwMzc0NDIS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NjgxOTA4MTQzS0&mt=1&rt=0>
.

Share With Your Friends
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=3&ms=MjQwMzc0NDIS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NjgxOTA4MTQzS0&mt=1&rt=0>
Featured
Video
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=7&ms=MjQwMzc0NDIS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NjgxOTA4MTQzS0&mt=1&rt=0>
[image:
Our Daily Bread Ministries]
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=13&ms=MjQwMzc0NDIS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NjgxOTA4MTQzS0&mt=1&rt=0>

Our mission is to make the life-changing wisdom of the Bible understandable
and accessible to all.

Our vision is to see people of all nations experiencing a personal
relationship with Christ, growing to be more like Him, and serving in a
local body of His family.

To read today's *Our Daily Bread* online visit www.odb.org
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=17&ms=MjQwMzc0NDIS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NjgxOTA4MTQzS0&mt=1&rt=0>
.

Copyright © 2015, Our Daily Bread Ministries, Grand Rapids, MI 49555 USA.
Written permission must be obtained from Our Daily Bread Ministries for any
further posting or distribution.

Scriptures taken from Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission.
All rights reserved.

Our Daily Bread Ministries | 3000 Kraft Ave | Grand Rapids, MI 49512

USE INCREDIMAIL ONLY IN THIS GROUP
NO NUDITY ALLOWED
---