Our Story]
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=12&ms=MjQxMzI0MzAS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NzAwMDg1MjIxS0&mt=1&rt=0>
Our
Daily Bread -- When Not to Rejoice

December 3, 2015
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=17&ms=MjQxMzI0MzAS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NzAwMDg1MjIxS0&mt=1&rt=0>

Read: Ezekiel 25:1-7; Matthew 5:43-48
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=7&ms=MjQxMzI0MzAS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NzAwMDg1MjIxS0&mt=1&rt=0>
Bible in a Year: Ezekiel 45-46; 1 John 2
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjQxMzI0MzAS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NzAwMDg1MjIxS0&mt=1&rt=0>
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=4&ms=MjQxMzI0MzAS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NzAwMDg1MjIxS0&mt=1&rt=0>

Do not gloat when your enemy falls. —Proverbs 24:17
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=6&ms=MjQxMzI0MzAS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NzAwMDg1MjIxS0&mt=1&rt=0>

The Akan people of Ghana have a proverb: “The lizard is not as mad with the
boys who threw stones at it as with the boys who stood by and rejoiced over
its fate!” Rejoicing at someone’s downfall is like participating in the
cause of that downfall or even wishing more evil on the person.

That was the attitude of the Ammonites who maliciously rejoiced when the
temple in Jerusalem “was desecrated and over the land of Israel when it was
laid waste and over the people of Judah when they went into exile” (Ezek.
25:3). For spitefully celebrating Israel’s misfortunes, the Ammonites
experienced God’s displeasure, which resulted in grim consequences (vv.
4-7).

How do we react when disaster befalls our neighbor or when our neighbor
gets into trouble? If she is a nice and friendly neighbor, then, of course,
we will sympathize with her and go to her aid. But what if he is an
unfriendly, trouble-making neighbor? Our natural tendency may be to ignore
him or even secretly rejoice at his downfall.

Proverbs warns us: “Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when they stumble,
do not let your heart rejoice” (24:17). Instead, Jesus tells us that we
show His love in action when we “love [our] enemies and pray for those who
persecute [us]” (Matt. 5:44). By so doing, we imitate the perfect love of
our Lord (5:48). —Lawrence Darmani

*Lord, open my eyes and my heart to be honest about my attitude toward
those who are unkind or unfair to me. Fill my heart with Your love, Lord,
and help me pray for them.*

Love your neighbor as yourself.

Share your thoughts on today’s devotional on Facebook
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=22&ms=MjQxMzI0MzAS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NzAwMDg1MjIxS0&mt=1&rt=0>
or odb.org
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=17&ms=MjQxMzI0MzAS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NzAwMDg1MjIxS0&mt=1&rt=0>
.

Share With Your Friends
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=5&ms=MjQxMzI0MzAS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NzAwMDg1MjIxS0&mt=1&rt=0>
Featured
Video
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=9&ms=MjQxMzI0MzAS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NzAwMDg1MjIxS0&mt=1&rt=0>
[image:
Our Daily Bread Ministries]
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=17&ms=MjQxMzI0MzAS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NzAwMDg1MjIxS0&mt=1&rt=0>

Our mission is to make the life-changing wisdom of the Bible understandable
and accessible to all.

Our vision is to see people of all nations experiencing a personal
relationship with Christ, growing to be more like Him, and serving in a
local body of His family.

To read today's *Our Daily Bread* online visit www.odb.org
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=23&ms=MjQxMzI0MzAS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NzAwMDg1MjIxS0&mt=1&rt=0>
.

Copyright © 2015, Our Daily Bread Ministries, Grand Rapids, MI 49555 USA.
Written permission must be obtained from Our Daily Bread Ministries for any
further posting or distribution.

Scriptures taken from Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission.
All riManage Your Subscription
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=8&ms=MjQxMzI0MzAS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NzAwMDg1MjIxS0&mt=1&rt=0>

USE INCREDIMAIL ONLY IN THIS GROUP
NO NUDITY ALLOWED