Daily Bread -- A Faithful Servant

December 7, 2015
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=17&ms=MjQxNjkxMjkS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NzAwNTQ3ODU3S0&mt=1&rt=0>

Read: Joshua 14:6-15
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=7&ms=MjQxNjkxMjkS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NzAwNTQ3ODU3S0&mt=1&rt=0>
Bible in a Year: Daniel 5-7; 2 John
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjQxNjkxMjkS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NzAwNTQ3ODU3S0&mt=1&rt=0>
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=4&ms=MjQxNjkxMjkS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NzAwNTQ3ODU3S0&mt=1&rt=0>

If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that
in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. —1 Peter 4:11
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=6&ms=MjQxNjkxMjkS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NzAwNTQ3ODU3S0&mt=1&rt=0>

Madaleno is a bricklayer. From Monday to Thursday he builds walls and
repairs roofs. He is quiet, reliable, and hardworking. Then from Friday to
Sunday he goes up to the mountains to teach the Word of God. Madaleno
speaks *Nahuatl* (a Mexican dialect), so he can easily communicate the good
news of Jesus to the people in that region. At age 70, he still works with
his hands building houses, but he also works to build the family of God.

His life has been threatened several times. He has slept under the stars
and faced death from car accidents and falls. He has been kicked out of
towns. But he thinks that God has called him to do what he does, and he
serves happily. Believing that people need to know the Lord, he relies on
God for the strength he needs.

Madaleno’s faithfulness reminds me of the faithfulness of Caleb and Joshua,
two of the men Moses sent to explore the Promised Land and report back to
the Israelites (Num. 13; Josh. 14:6-13). Their companions were afraid of
the people who lived there, but Caleb and Joshua trusted in God and
believed He would help them conquer the land.

The work entrusted to us may be different than Madaleno’s or Caleb’s and
Joshua’s. But our confidence can be the same. In reaching out to others, we
rely not on ourselves but on the strength of our God. —Keila Ochoa

*Where has God placed you to serve? Are you being faithful?*

We grow strong when we serve the Lord.

*INSIGHT:* Discipleship has been called “a long obedience in the same
direction.” The point is not how much we have done, but whether or not we
have been faithful to our Lord. Caleb was faithful for 45 years in the
wilderness. When Christ returns, our faithfulness will be rewarded when we
hear Him say, “Well done, good and faithful servant” (Matt. 25:21).

Share your thoughts on today’s devotional on Facebook
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=22&ms=MjQxNjkxMjkS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NzAwNTQ3ODU3S0&mt=1&rt=0>
or odb.org
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=17&ms=MjQxNjkxMjkS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NzAwNTQ3ODU3S0&mt=1&rt=0>
.

Share With Your Friends
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=5&ms=MjQxNjkxMjkS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NzAwNTQ3ODU3S0&mt=1&rt=0>
Featured
Video
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=9&ms=MjQxNjkxMjkS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NzAwNTQ3ODU3S0&mt=1&rt=0>
[image:
Our Daily Bread Ministries]
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=17&ms=MjQxNjkxMjkS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NzAwNTQ3ODU3S0&mt=1&rt=0>

Our mission is to make the life-changing wisdom of the Bible understandable
and accessible to all.

Our vision is to see people of all nations experiencing a personal
relationship with Christ, growing to be more like Him, and serving in a
local body of His family.

To read today's *Our Daily Bread* online visit www.odb.org
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=23&ms=MjQxNjkxMjkS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=NzAwNTQ3ODU3S0&mt=1&rt=0>
.

Copyright © 2015, Our Daily Bread Ministries, Grand Rapids, MI 49555 USA.
Written permission must be obtained from Our Daily Bread Ministries for any
further posting or distribution.

Scriptures taken from Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission.
All rights reserved.

USE INCREDIMAIL ONLY IN THIS GROUP
NO NUDITY ALLOWED
---