Never Give Up!

August 2, 2016
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjYxMTk4MjMS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYwMjk2NzI2S0&mt=1&rt=0>

Read: 2 Timothy 3:10-15
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=7&ms=MjYxMTk4MjMS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYwMjk2NzI2S0&mt=1&rt=0>
Bible in a Year: Psalms 60-62; Romans 5
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=9&ms=MjYxMTk4MjMS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYwMjk2NzI2S0&mt=1&rt=0>
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=6&ms=MjYxMTk4MjMS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYwMjk2NzI2S0&mt=1&rt=0>

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the
faith. —2 Timothy 4:7
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=16&ms=MjYxMTk4MjMS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYwMjk2NzI2S0&mt=1&rt=0>

Joop Zoetemelk is known as the Netherlands’ most successful cyclist. But
that’s because he never gave up. He started and finished the Tour de France
16 times—placing second five times before winning in 1980. That’s
perseverance!

Many winners have reached success by climbing a special ladder called
“never give up.” However, there are also many who have lost the opportunity
to achieve success because they gave up too soon. This can happen in every
area of life: family, education, friends, work, service. Perseverance is a
key to victory.

The apostle Paul persevered despite persecution and affliction (2 Tim.
3:10-11). He viewed life with realism, recognizing that as followers of
Christ we will suffer persecution (vv. 12-13), but he instructed Timothy to
place his faith in God and the encouragement of the Scriptures (vv. 14-15).
Doing so would help him face discouragement and endure with hope. At the
end of his life, Paul said, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished
the race, I have kept the faith” (4:7).

We too can allow the Scriptures to strengthen us to press on in the race
marked out for us. For our God is both a promise-making and promise-keeping
God and will reward those who faithfully finish the race (v. 8). —Jaime
Fernández Garrido

*Heavenly Father, give me strength of character and perseverance to serve
you better. Help me not to get discouraged when things get tough but to
rely on You to see me through.*

Faith connects our weakness to God’s strength.

*INSIGHT:* Paul experienced great persecution in the cities of Antioch,
Iconium, and Lystra. In Antioch, he faced aggressive opposition from the
religious leaders (Acts 13:45; 15:1-2). In Iconium, Gentile and Jewish
leaders conspired to have him killed (14:4-5). And in Lystra, he was stoned
and left for dead (v. 19). Yet in his final letter to Timothy, Paul uses
these three cities as examples of perseverance. He recounts these terribly
painful events not to garner pity but to remind Timothy of God’s
faithfulness during times of hardship and pain. Dennis Moles

Share With Your Friends
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=14&ms=MjYxMTk4MjMS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYwMjk2NzI2S0&mt=1&rt=0>
Featured
Video
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=8&ms=MjYxMTk4MjMS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYwMjk2NzI2S0&mt=1&rt=0>
[image: Our Daily Bread Ministries]
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjYxMTk4MjMS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYwMjk2NzI2S0&mt=1&rt=0>

Our mission is to make the life-changing wisdom of the Bible understandable
and accessible to all.

Our vision is to see people of all nations experiencing a personal
relationship with Christ, growing to be more like Him, and serving in a
local body of His family.

To read today's *Our Daily Bread* online visit www.odb.org
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=12&ms=MjYxMTk4MjMS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYwMjk2NzI2S0&mt=1&rt=0>
.

Copyright © 2016, Our Daily Bread Ministries, Grand Rapids, MI 49555 USA.
Written permission must be obtained from Our Daily Bread Ministries for any
further posting or distribution.

Scriptures taken from Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission.
All rights reserved.

USE INCREDIMAIL ONLY IN THIS GROUP
NO NUDITY ALLOWED
---