I’m managing access to ejectable media. This is done at the user process level,
but I have a root process I can farm work to if I need to. A kernel extension
would be a possibility if necessary since we’re using kexts for other work, but
that isn’t within the reach of my current deadline.
I don’t want to prevent access to the blessed TM partition for the machine.
Other media are evaluated based on policy and content.