Unsure if we are allowed to ask about using printf inside kext in, uh,
future version of OS X. But I noticed they no longer end up in
/var/log/system.log.

I did come across "log stream" though, so at least I can see the logs
there. Do we know if this is how it is planned to be? "log" is a bit
awkward for pipes, since it goes buffered. (For those of us who like
sitting in tail -f). And I don't think we can turn off the "useless"
columns in the output?

So far, I can live with;

# script -q /dev/null   log stream --source --predicate 'senderImagePath
CONTAINS "zfs" OR senderImagePath CONTAINS "spl"' | cut -c 80-

Better ways?

Lund

--
Jorgen Lundman       | <lund...@lundman.net>
Unix Administrator   | +81 (0)90-5578-8500