In a message dated 9/18/2000 2:26:53 PM EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I am interested in any experience or opinions on this scanner, which looks
>  like a substantial upgrade from the original Dual.

I think I can be fairly unbiased about scanners, since VueScan
supports both the Scan Dual II and the FS2710.

I wouldn't say that the FS2710 is a bad scanner, but rather that
the Scan Dual II is an excellent scanner.  In addition, has a
big advantage in that it can batch scan a 6 frame negative
or 4 slides, while the FS2710 needs to be manually repositioned
for each scan.

Both are 12 bit scanners, and both have pretty good color fidelity.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick