Ed wrote:
> Does the Canoscan FS2710 have ICE??

No.

>  If so, was it Nikon technology?

No, it was licensed to Nikon by the company that wrote it.

> Is it the same in every scanner?  Meaning if a scanner has
> ICE, is it universal in what it does?

If it *is* ICE(tm), yes.  But various scanners have software for
dust and scratch removal.  AFAIK, ICE is the most effective and
requires an Infra-red channel on the scanner in addition to RGB.
I think only the LS30, LS2000 and Minolta Scan Elite (?) support
it directly of the current scanners.

Ed has written dust and scratch removal into Vuescan which can
work without the IR channel but it works better *with* it.

I can't comment about other software such as the routines in
the Polaroid interface.

Rob