Arthur Entlich wrote:

> [...] a newer, cheaper better model is just around the corner.

Newer? - of course.
Cheaper? - probably not.
Better? - definitely YES.

There are some rumors on the Nikon Mailing List about new LS3000
scanner, D3.6, 4000 dpi.
According to some people, it's going to be introduced soon...

Again, it's only a rumor. BUT, many of such rumors in the NML history
has becomed true finally...

Marek

PS. I'm new here, sorry if this LS3000 rumor was introduced here
already. And sorry for my English, I'm still working on it ;)

--
   http://mikowhy.bpa.pl