Roman Kielich® wrote:

> I do not want to start a flame war, but I regard your post as very
> impolite.

Sorry Roman, I can now see what's happened.
The complete absence of the word 'granularity' from the first paragraph of your
explanation of RMS granularity does make it rather difficult to understand.
If you re-read your original submission, you'll see the problem.

I was wondering how the root of the mean squares could be defined in terms of standard
deviation, but the insertion of 'granularity' after 'RMS' clarifies
things no end.

Regards,        Pete Andrews.