A question:

>The installation manual states that the scsi id must be 7.  (I assume
>that is IRQ 7)  If it is, my printer lpt 1 ecp port uses 7.  What do I do,
>the manual says you cannot change it.  I called Dell and they say not to
>change the printer.

No, the SCSI id has nothing to do with the interrupt. Your scanner must have a rotary
switch or DIP switch on the back to set the SCSI id. Normally 1 - 7 is the range
available, so make sure it is set to 7.

If there is more than one external SCSI device connected, these numbers individually
identify the devices.

Colin Maddock