> Is it out yet?  I read about it in kodak homepage.
> Does anyone know anything more about this scanner?  It
> seems like a great scanner for its price.

All I can tell you is what I've been told secondhand. It's a Kodak-badged
  design from Pacific Image, allegedly, and although it can scan an entire
uncut roll, there is no take up spool, it just feeds the film out onto the
table or floor. Probably best deployed on a 6' pedestal, therefore ;)

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner
info & comparisons