HI, everyone!

I phoned Minolta tech support, and got 3000 hours as the answer to my
question.

Since the scanner hasn't been on for anywhere near  500 hours, it looks like
I must send it back for warranty service.

I did order a new lamp from B&H for US$89.00 (not what I call cheap!) but
this way I'll have a spare when the lamp in the to-be-repaired unit finally
goes bad.

I'm going to misss my scanner!  :-(

Thanx, everyone who responded!

Guy Clark