Sisk98 wrote:
> I just received the Polaroid sprintscan 4000 slide scanner.
> I;m new to scanning. I would like to print 11x17 inch prints
> on my Epson 1200. My question is..what should I scan my slides
> or negatives at to achieve the best results. 4000dpi??

The Epson 1200 will print best at an output dpi of 240dpi.  Divide the number
of pixels you get from a frame scanned at 4000ppi by 240 and you'll get
the print size in inches without resampling.  You should easily get 11x17
from it.

Most film scanners scan best at their maximum non-interpolated dpi - so
for the SS4000 that would be 4000dpi.  I always scan with my Nikon LS30
set to 2700dpi.

Rob

Rob Geraghty [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://wordweb.com