Is stochastic dithering what Foley and van Dam call "random dithering"? They
don't explain it (in "Computer Graphics") but I can imagine.

Frank Paris
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Julie, female Galah (3 1/2 years and going strong at the moment)
Little Birdie, male Splendid Parakeet (13 years)
Snowflake, male cockatiel (12 years)