It's about time someone else thought that up..  I gave very serious thought to rigging
a LCD projector overlay (you know the ones that sit on the old style projectors) and
using that in the light path above the lense of a collumated light source enlarger to
do shadow masks.  Operator would use a digital pad to outline the areas quickly that
need dodge and burn done..

teach me not to file for a patent on my own!