> Has anyone had trouble with their SS4000 producing horribly dusty and
> scratchy negatives?

I get very cross with my lab nowadays, especially the careless eejit who
sometimes sleeves the film, apparently wearing studded gauntlets and using
a doormat for a work surface.

Film I process myself never has these problems, and I am far from being a
dust-free darkroom zealot. I just let all the spilled chemicals mulch the
dust and fluff and fag-ash into a sort of toxic carpet <g>

The fact is that a clean neg presents no such problems here, using a
'4000. The trouble is that not enough, from most labs, are all that clean.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner info &
comparisons