Buck wrote:
>Microtek 40000T and the Kodak RFS-3600. I have no one to ask about which
>would be best for an amateur interested in enlarging slides to 8X10. Does
>the difference in 2700 to 4000 dpi make any difference with my equipment?

Buck, I have a Nikon LS30 but if you can afford the Polaroid SS4000, go
for it.  I would have bought the Polaroid if I could have afforded one.
 The Nikon's 2700dpi is fine for 8x10 out of the Stylus 700 (I have the
same printer) but 4000dpi from the Polaroid would give you more choices
in terms of cropping.  At some point you'll probably also want to go to
A3 or a newer higher resolution printer, so the more dpi from the film the
better.

I do NOT think the LS2000 is a good buy given that the SS4000 is about the
same price.  If you only need 2700dpi then the LS30 is great.

Rob

Rob Geraghty [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://wordweb.com